Product: Welded beams and columns steel products
BlueScope Steel - Welded beams and columns steel products
TOP 3 Benefits:
- Health and Ecotoxicity
- Fit for Purpose
- Designed for Disassembly
Welded beams and columns are structural steel sections comprising a web and two flanges that have been joined by a deep penetration fillet weld. They are typically used for the heavier end of the engineering construction, buildings, mining infrastructure and transport market in applications such as office buildings, shopping centres, stadiums, car parks and bridges.
Welded beams and columns enable optimised, high-performance structures. Their dimensional flexibility affords the designer the freedom to create the best design to suit client needs.
Produced to the Australian Standard AS/NZS 3679.2 and certified by the Australasian Certification Authority for Reinforcing and Structural Steels (ACRS), the product range provides the flexibility to select from our standard range or customised grades, width, thickness and length to suit specific design criteria. Welded Beams and Columns are available in standard grades G300 and G400 with L15 variants. Other weldable grades, including weathering steel grades, available by enquiry.
Health & Ecotoxicity
- Healthy VOC levels
- Low toxicity - no toxicity in use
Life Cycle Analysis - Water
- Water footprint available
Life Cycle Analysis - Resources
- Designed for recycling or reuse
- Post-consumer recycled content
Life Cycle Analysis - Greenhouse Gas
- Carbon footprint available
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Certified Environmental Management System
- Complies with relevant social and environmental laws of the country of operation
- Fit for Purpose certified
- Replacement parts available
- Made in Australia from majority Aust. components
- Green Star AU - GBCA
- IS Rating - ISCA
- LEED - USGBC
The product is GreenTag GreenRate Level A Certified under Scheme A7.
Global GreenTag Standard v4.0
Rating tools relevance:
GreenStar "Design and As Built v1.3" and "Interiors v1.3" Rating Tools Credits:
- Sustainable Products
- Responsible Building Materials – Structural and Reinforcing Steel
- Life Cycle Impacts: LCI/EPD available
GreenStar "Performance v1.2" Rating Tools Credit:
- Refurbishment Materials
Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia IS v1.2
- Mat-1 Materials Lifecycle Impact Measurement and Reduction
- Mat-2 Environmentally Labelled Products and Supply Chains
- Was-2 Diversion from landfill
- Was-3 Deconstruction/Disassembly/Adaptability
Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia IS v2.0
- Rso-6 Material Lifecycle Impact Measure and Management
- Rso-7 Sustainability Labelled Products and Supply Chains
- Rso-4 Resource Recovery
- Rso-5 Adaptability
LEED® v4.0 and v4.1 Rating Tool Credit:
- MR Credit: Building Product Disclosure and Optimization – Environmental Product Declarations
< Product finder
How will you use GreenTag?
Make your product stand out, unlock the barriers to major markets.
Get Global GreenTag certification to stand out as a leader, differentiate your product from the pack and win in the rapidly expanding green marketplace.
Create your own healthy, sustainable home, interiors and lifestyle.
Global GreenTag certified products pass the world's toughest standards to protect you, and your family's health and safety, minimise your impact on our finite planet and put the power of selection back in your hands.
Save time and money selecting products that deliver and protect your business from risk.
Find out how Global GreenTag certified products pass the worlds toughest standards for health, eco performance and safety.
Recognised by major green rating schemes, GreenTag is your one-stop certification to choose or evidence product selections.