Product: COLORBOND® steel
COLORBOND® steel, base metal thickness (BMT) 0.42mm and 0.48mm in 22 standard colours1
TOP 3 Benefits:
- Health and Ecotoxicity
- Fit for Purpose
- Designed for Disassembly
COLORBOND® steel is manufactured to Australian Standards (AS 1397:2021 and AS/NZS 2728:2013). With 22 colours in the range, you can choose a colour that sets the theme for your whole building, or complements your other building material choices.
21 of the 22 standard colours (excludes Night Sky®) incorporate BlueScope's unique Thermatech® solar reflectance technology, designed to reflect more of the sun's heat on hot sunny days.
BlueScope offers a variety of warranties of up to 36 years depending on the end use and location of the build and subject to exclusions, application and eligibility criteria.
1 Not applicable to COLORBOND® steel Matt, COLORBOND® Ultra steel, COLORBOND® Metallic steel, COLORBOND® Coolmax® steel, COLORBOND® Intramax™ steel and COLORBOND® steel products with galvanised steel substrate.
Health & Ecotoxicity
- Healthy VOC levels
- Low toxicity - no toxicity in use
Life Cycle Analysis - Water
- Water footprint available
Life Cycle Analysis - Resources
- Designed for recycling or reuse
- Post-consumer recycled content
Life Cycle Analysis - Greenhouse Gas
- Carbon footprint available
Corporate Social Responsibility
- ≥15 year warranty
- Certified Environmental Management System
- Complies with relevant social and environmental laws of the country of operation
- Fit for Purpose certified
- Replacement parts available
- Made in Australia from majority Aust. components
- Green Star AU - GBCA
- IS Rating - ISCA
- LEED - USGBC
The product is GreenTag GreenRate Level A Certified under Scheme A7.
Global GreenTag Standard v4.0
Rating tools relevance:
GreenStar "Design and As Built v1.3" and "Interiors v1.3" Rating Tools Credits:
- Sustainable Products
- Life Cycle Impacts: LCI/EPD available
GreenStar "Performance v1.2" Rating Tools Credit:
- Refurbishment Materials
Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia IS v1.2
- Mat-1 Materials Lifecycle Impact Measurement and Reduction
- Mat-2 Environmentally Labelled Products and Supply Chains
- Was-2 Diversion from landfill
- Was-3 Deconstruction/Disassembly/Adaptability
Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia IS v2.0
- Rso-6 Material Lifecycle Impact Measure and Management
- Rso-7 Sustainability Labelled Products and Supply Chains
- Rso-4 Resource Recovery
- Rso-5 Adaptability
< Product finder
How will you use GreenTag?
Make your product stand out, unlock the barriers to major markets.
Get Global GreenTag certification to stand out as a leader, differentiate your product from the pack and win in the rapidly expanding green marketplace.
Create your own healthy, sustainable home, interiors and lifestyle.
Global GreenTag certified products pass the world's toughest standards to protect you, and your family's health and safety, minimise your impact on our finite planet and put the power of selection back in your hands.
Save time and money selecting products that deliver and protect your business from risk.
Find out how Global GreenTag certified products pass the worlds toughest standards for health, eco performance and safety.
Recognised by major green rating schemes, GreenTag is your one-stop certification to choose or evidence product selections.