How does being certified make selling easier and boost market perception of green brands and minimise the liability of companies and directors?
Global GreenTag is presenting a CPD approved educational seminar ‘ The Business Benefits of Ecolabelling’ for Building Professionals at this year’s Green + Building Expo on July 7 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
For the seminar, Global GreenTag – represented by David Baggs (CEO and Program Director) and Brett Hazlett (Product Sales Assessments) – will be joined by GreenTag certified manufacturers, Weathertex (Business Development Manager Victoria Chris McMahon), Graphenstone Australia (National Manager Dale Brennan) and Markant Australia (National Sales Manager Emily Fielding) to expand on how a respected ecolabel is essential for clarity and assurance in a building market that is wary of greenwash and uncertified materials.
Product certification is important for environmental, transparency, fitness for purpose, health and safety reasons. Also, with billions of dollars of green building projects, including infrastructure currently under certification in Australia, it makes good business sense to be pursuing a high standard of ecolabelling for the building industry to access, to understand and trust. Especially, a type 1 ecolabel, which can provide:
- High end, transparent product information for industry to use, including:
- Systems of certification that employ tools such as Life Cycle Assessment, environmental and human health product declarations and;
- Organised and rated information that is geared towards direct recognition with green building rating tools.
Global GreenTag has become a trusted certification mark behind some of world’s most iconic brands, including Interface, Polyflor, Laminex, Dunlop, Knauf, Armstrong, Tarkett, Vertilux, Verosol, BASF, DuPont, CSR, Herman Miller, Schiavello and more.
Learning outcomes for seminar participants will include:
- Enhanced materials intelligence for building professionals to be more discerning and alert to ‘greenwash’ products in the market;
- Understanding how to constructively certify green products, save time, enhance project submissions and reduce professional risks and costs.
- Improved knowledge for manufacturers considering ways of improving their products – including impacts and risks of product constituents to add market value to their products.
Seminar participants can apply to receive two CPD points through the Green Building Institute, which is recognised by the Australian government by attending the seminar and completing a questionnaire afterwards. This event will also generate CPD recognition for Green Star, ABSA and RAIA members.
Register to attend the The Business Benefits of Ecolabelling seminar and the Green+Building Expo 2017 HERE
The seminar will be available to attend on Friday, July 7.