The stars aligned for Global GreenTag International as our team descended into the USA last month for the 2018 USGBC GREENBUILD expo and conference in Chicago. New strategic industry partnerships were forged and celebrated and are now taking off and we finally launched Global GreenTag in the Americas. All in all, every one of the 5 days spent in Chicago and at GREENBUILD 2018 was a great success.
The Global GreenTag International (GGTI) team had many meetings with potential partners and a range of ongoing discussions and key moments, including:
- The appointment of a CEO for Global GreenTag Americas, the highly experienced sustainability and green building expert, LEED Fellow and WELL Academy Member- Daniel Huard.
- Meeting the US Green Building Council CEO Mahesh Ramanujam, receiving a warm welcome on our launch in the USA and assurances that our application for formal LEED recognition of Global GreenTag’s PhDs (Product Health Declarations) is being handled expeditiously;
- The successful roll-out of GGTI’s new API accessible digital database that is now synchronised daily with Origin.com, Mindful Materials and Sourced® by Delos, Ecomedes.com with GGTI transparency content now also available through Sustainable Minds.com and more general content on Rate-it-Green.com
- Hundreds of conversations with the A & D community … the buzz around Global GreenTag International and people talking about the “Positively Disruptive’ benefits of the various GGTI certified product programs.
- And, an amazing GREENBUILD closing celebration event at the Field Museum, Chicago will never be forgotten, not forgetting to mention of course, the amazing Chicago deep dish pizza.
At the International WELL Building Institute™ Function, Global GreenTag International founding directors, David Baggs (CEO & Program Director) and Mary-Lou Kelly (Managing Director) also joined forces with Raefer Wallis and Rebecca Best from GIGA, the founders of the Origin Products Portal that supports Mindful Materials®, Sourced by Delos®, Reset and other integrated product databases where products are pre-qualified for LEED, WELL, Mindful Materials and Delos Program Requirements.
GGTI also caught up with key players in the WELL group. In the photo above, from left to right, are WELL’s Jack Noonan, Senior Director, Australia & New Zealand, Market Solutions, Rachel Gutter, President of the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI), GGTI’s David Baggs and Mary-Lou Kelly, Liz Miles, Vice President of Stakeholder Relations at IWBI and Adam Garnys, Principal Consultant at CETEC Pty Ltd. David Baggs says:
“It was great to meet many of the people behind the global phenomenon that is the WELL™ Building program and put faces to names. The professional way that WELL is run and the global success it is achieving is great a testament to their efforts.”
The team also spent time with Mahesh Ramanujam, President and CEO, U.S. Green Building Council and President and CEO, Green Business Certification Inc., seen above with GGTI’s Directors, Mary-Lou and David.
Overall, says David Baggs: “Our visit and campaign into the USA has been one of the most successful on record, since we launched in 2011. The support that we have received for the the USA launch has been extraordinary and we want to extend a huge thanks to Rebecca Best and Raefer Wallis of the GIGA team for inviting us to participate in the Mindful Materials Pavilion and the ‘MATERIALIZE’ Panel Discussion on ‘Materials Crosswalk: Certification Program Synergies.’
By the end of our visit, we had truly felt that Global GreenTag International had landed successfully in the USA and made a noticeable splash. A big thank you to everyone who made us feel so welcome!”
Global GreenTag Certifications, Declarations and Verifications take deep scientific health and sustainability assessments and turn them into intuitive product ratings and reports to simplify the A&D and Construction sectors’ green product decisions.
Global GreenTag International Pty Ltd is an internationally recognised, multi-award-winning Type 1 (Third Party) Ecolabelling, Product Certification, Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) and Product health Declaration (PhD) program operator based in Australia, but with offices and representation also in South Africa, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, the Americas (Canada, North and Latin America). Global GreenTag programs are formally recognised in WELL™, BREEAM International, EarthCheck®, Green Star®, LOTUS® and the Malaysian Government’s MyHIJAU program and compliant with credit requirements in LEED® (PhDs and EPDs), and BREEAM® (EPDs).